COROS APEX PREMIUM MULTISPORT 46MM GPS WATCH
A stylish, premium multisport 46mm GPS watch, the COROS APEX is just as comfortable in the office as it is out on the trails. This slightly larger version of the watch offers you a 1.2" screen with a 64 colour display. This increased size is excellent for seeing all your key data in one glance, while the sapphire glass display and titanium bezel easily corroborates the APEX's "premium" title.
The larger size of this watch also leads to a bigger battery. With a max GPS run time of 100 hours in the UltraMax mode and 35 hours in the standard GPS mode, you can confidently leave your charger behind no matter how long your next event is. When you are not recording activities or GPS, the APEX will give you 30 days of continuous use; this factors in all the standard functions like heart rate and sleep monitoring, step count, smart notifications and use of the backlight.
A redesigned button layout on the APEX has led to removing the old five-button configuration favouring a scrollable digital dial that allows you to rapidly move through data screens, routes, or potential workouts with ease. The new dial is particularly useful when using the APEX's track and navigation features as it allows quick zooming into your location to show the intricacies of the route ahead.
COROS has also put extensive thought into the software behind the APEX watch. Features like the Smart Learning Stride Length use a new in-house algorithm and machine learning to record your range of motion and build a stride model for indoor running or areas with weaker GPS. Similarly, COROS will amalgamate lactate threshold, VO2 Max, heart rate, personal historical data and the metrics from your latest activity to calculate a daily perceived effort with a recommended recovery time for peak performance.
Finally, for those that like to run on the track, COROS has introduced a new Track Run mode that can accurately measure your training regardless of which lane you run in. Other watches or apps might give you random jumps from one side of the track to the other; the APEX shows smooth straights and gradual cornering more accurate to your real-world exertion and, therefore, helps you see how hard you have pushed yourself.
- Indoor Run
- Trail Run
- Track Run
- Mountain Climb
- Indoor Bike
- Pool Swim
- Open Water
- Gym Cardio
- GPS Cardio
- Ski / XC Ski / Ski Touring
- Strength training
- Display size: 1.2"
- Screen resolution: 240 x 240 pixels (64 colours)
- Display type: Memory LCD
- Screen material: Sapphire glass
- Bezel material: Titanium alloy
- Strap material: Silicone
- Quick-release bands: 22mm
- Physical size: 46 x 46 x 11.9mm
- Weight with silicone band: 55.3 grams
- Manufacturer claimed weight: 45 grams
- Phone connection: Bluetooth
- Accessory connection: ANT+/Bluetooth
- Navigation: GPS/QZSS, GLONASS, BeiDou
- Sensors: Optical Heart Rate Monitor / Barometric Altimeter / Accelerometer / Gyroscope / Compass
- Water resistance: 10ATM (100 metres/328 feet)
- Working temperature: -10°C to 60°C
- Storage temperature: -20°C to 70°C
- Charging time: Less than two hours
- Battery life: Up to 100-80 hours in UltraMax GPS mode / Up to 35-25 hours in full GPS mode / Up to 30-24 days for regular use